Thursday, March 20, 2008

YouTube vs Broadcasting channel + Hirshhorn Museum

By wikipedia definition, "YouTube is a popular free video sharing website which lets users upload, view, and share video clips. ...",  whereas the broadcasting channels are only for watching certain things where is control by certain people.  Youtube give you opportunities to watch every artist's work and even some personal videos that are interesting to watch.  I am from former Yugoslavia and during the war in Kosovo my friends and i left the country and migrated in different places in the world.  YouTube gave as the opportunity to share each other’s experience in that county we migrated.

YouTube actually allows some artist to show some of their work on the political and personal experience about the Kosovo war and how people when through certain places so they can escape the war.  However, the broadcasting channels give you a slice of what people can see about things what really happens in the world.

The trip to Hirshhorn Museum & Sculpture Garden, one of the artists that amassed me with its work was Gary Hill with his work on Suspension on Disbelief.  The story behind it is similar to mine.  My wife got a job in Iraq and went there to work.  I feel if I had this thirty monitors in my room I would be comfortable with the idea of letting her go there and more like she is with me, feel her presence.  

bild.jpg

No comments: